Do you want to put your skills and experience to work with a leader in the landscaping industry? At RSG Landscaping & Lawn Care, Inc you will be offering your talents under the guidance of some of the industry's best in the region. Please check this page for current openings and how to apply.
Apply Online (pdf fillable forms, save to your computer, complete, and click submit button to email) or Download, complete to Fax or Mail.
Current Job Openings
- HORTICULTURIST (RICHMOND BRANCH)
RSG Landscaping & Lawn Care, Inc. one of Central Virginia’s fastest growing landscape companies is looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual for our Horticulturist job position. We’re looking for the best and brightest to handle some of the premier properties that are in Virginia and Eastern West Virginia.
- Develops, maintains positive and professional relationship with internal staff, owners, clients, and public
- Direct and/or assist maintenance crews
- Perform horticultural record keeping for maintenance properties
- Establish and maintain high horticultural standards and practices
- Actively works in the daily horticultural tasks
- Contribute to the design and planning of maintenance programs for properties
- Inspect and ensure proper and sound horticultural practices followed by crews
- Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools
- Manages and supports overall plant health and soil nutrition
- Ensure quality control at all maintenance properties
- Undertake turf and landscape maintenance
Education and Experience
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study and three years progressively increasing supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses and Certifications
Possession and retention of a valid Virginia Driver's License
Must have a Virginia Pesticide Applicators License for turf, ornamental (or obtain within 3 months)
- LANDSCAPE FOREMAN
Description: The Landscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of landscape and hardscape projects. The foreman is responsible for completing landscape and hardscape installations with great precision and business minded efficiency.
· Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery
· Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
· Communicating production goals (and other items) with crew members, supervisors, and clients
· Train and promote the development of subordinates in the best practices of installation and company standards
· Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance
· Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked
· Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times
· Other duties as required
· Supervises and manages landscape crew.
· Ensures that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
· Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with crew members
· Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
· Understands and instructs crew members on proper job site security procedures
· Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
· Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed
· Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management
· Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
· Understands financial aspects of each job assignment
· Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work
· Leads by example
· Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
· Follows directions from supervisor
· Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to
· Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
· Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor and client
· Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility
· Participates in company sponsored First Aid/CPR.
· Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance
· Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately
· Maintain clean and safe job site
· Trains crew members the development in the best practices of installation in company standards
· 3+ years’ experience
· Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Commercial Driver’s License (preferred) and reputable driving record
· Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
· Extensive knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
· Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees: identification and cultural requirements
· Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
· Excellent attention to detail while working in a fun & fast paced environment
· Verbal & written communication skills
· Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, other designers)
· Clean and professional appearance
· Punctual and dependable
- CDL OPERATOR
RSG Landscaping & Lawn Care, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for a CDL Operator for our organization. Candidates must possess a valid DL and a clean driving record. Candidate will be transporting various equipment for RSG including but not limited to box trucks, hydroseeders, tractor trailors, etc. Candidates will be required to perform loading and unloading duties, and occasional labor on job sites. Applicants must pass a drug and alcohol screen, along with a background check.